Any website around for 16 years has plenty to celebrate! Not only did the staff celebrate our “sweet sixteen” – but gaming celebrities like the Ultima Games creator Richard Garriott, Stratics founder Ryan “Den Dragon” Findley, and more popped into the Google Hangout. Here’s just a few of the videos from the Stratics party!
Handy-Dandy News Ticker
Sosaria Reels is proud to announce the return of the “Meet the Staff” series. For the first interview, we visited Petra, Managing Editor of UO Stratics.
We hope you enjoyed this interview! Who would you like to see featured next? Send us suggestions at: [email protected]
13 Oct 2011 11:08:17 EST
There’s a new Test Center in town: TC Arena Test. This is a special rule set shard for testing a new Arena Combat system. Here are the basics:
- This is a temporary test shard, but it does not have the usual Test Center features. You receive no extra equipment and cannot set your skills and attributes.
- If you wish to participate in the arena fights, we recommend you copy a character from a live shard to TC Arena Test. Make sure to bring some extra gold and supplies. Instructions for how to copy a character can be found here.
- The map is limited to a block of four arenas surrounded by the void. No other part of the game map even exists on this shard. So, make sure to load your character up with all unusual supplies you will need before copying that character to TC Arena Test.
- We provide a basic set of merchants, including a banker and stablemaster. All amenities are found at the north edge of the map.
- That area also contains a set of crafting add-ons and an Arcane Circle.
- Also, the northern section of the map is an insta-log region – listen for the background music changes.
- Faction artifacts may be brought along and used. The Factions system is disabled here, but Faction items can be used without restriction or limit.
- The map is Trammel ruleset. Fighting is allowed through the Arena Matches.
- You may create guilds for sparring, but we request that you keep guild fighting away from the arenas and the northern section of the map.
- If you copy a murderer to TC Arena Test, all murder counts will be wiped from the copied character.
- In front of each Arena is a bright red Arena Stone. Double-click this stone to access the Arena Matches and Leaderboards.
To start a match, click the button labeled “Host a duel”. On the next screen, set the rules:
- You may choose to restrict mounts, pets, summons, and/or ranged weapons.
- If the match is Ranked, then the outcome will change stats and leaderboard standings for all participants.
- If you set the room to Public, then others may join your match by clicking “Join a duel” from the main menu. Otherwise, you must use “Invite a duelist” to add more players until your match is full.
- “Survival” matches are free-for-all. When you set up a “Team” match then the match owner may assign players to either team.
- When ready, click “Start the duel”. If the arena is empty, your match will start within a few seconds. Otherwise, your group will be placed in a queue to be run later.
- If you are unable to complete the setup of your match, use “Cancel the duel” to clear the match and return to the main menu.
When an arena match starts, the participants have a short time to enter the red moongate that takes you into the arena. Players will have their movement restricted within the area until the match starts. Gladiators who die in an arena match will be transported outside of the arena and resurrected immediately. Once you die in a match, you cannot re-enter that match!
10 Oct 2011 17:31:42 EST
Those players who want to consolidate all their accounts under one email address can now call 650-628-1001 or email [email protected] and get this done through billing support. You should clearly request that the support merges your master accounts through the system so everyone understands what you want done.
If you ever want an account unlinked you can get this done through the billing support at the above phone number, too.
The UO team
10 Oct 2011 14:57:36 EST
We will bring down all shards at 3:00 pm EDT today for a short maintenance. This will fix issues with the Clean Up Britannia event.
At this time we anticipate the shards to be back online no later than 5:00 pm EDT.