Information sourced from Publish 74.0 notes with additional findings from Stratics volunteers and players.
For Stygian Abyss accounts, players may now use Runic Tools to “re-forge” items with more magical properties than by standard crafting methods.
- that the user use a Runic tool near a Soul Forge.
- that the user have 65% or higher imbuing skill (The higher the character’s Imbuing skill the more options will be available).
- a non-magical, crafted item that is not made from special materials.
Re-Forging will consume one or more charges from the runic tool to add magical item properties to the item. The user chooses from a number of options to affect the results of the re-forging. Each option selected increases the charges required to perform the action. If no options are selected, the tool will add item properties randomly to the item, similarly to classic Runic crafting. If a Runic tool is used away from a Soul Forge, or by a non-entitle account, it behaves as a classic Runic crafting tool. Please note that Soul Forge bonuses DO NOT apply to Runic Re-Forging.
Note how the Runic Crafting Options change. These are explained below.
Performing a Runic Reforge
To perform a Reforge, you must be standing next to a Soulforge as this activity relies on the Imbuing Skill. You do not need to have any other skill to perform a Reforge, nor do you need any other items.
Both the Runic tool and the item you wish to reforge need to be in the base level of your backpack. Double click the Runic Hammer you wish to use for Reforging, you do not need to be holding it. You will be prompted to select the item you wish to reforge. The Runic Crafting Options gump will now appear.
You will need to decide in what ways you wish to reforge your item. If you do not have the skill level to perform a certain reforge, you will be notified:
After you have made your selection(s), clidk on the Reforge Item arrow and the process will commence. Take heed of what you are deciding to do as you may not always be happy with the results…
Just what do all those settings mean?
Using the ‘help’ button on the gump will give access to the following information explaining what each setting means.
Powerful Re-Forging: causes the item to have slightly more magical power.
Structural Re-Forging:causes the item to have more magical power, but the item will be Brittle.
- Fortified Re-Forging: causes the brittle item to have higher durability.
Fundamental Re-Forging:causes the item to have significantly more magical power, but the item cannot be repaired. Its durability will be increased.
- Integral Re-Forging: further increases the durability of the “cannot be repaired” item.
Grand Artifice: guarantees that the resulting item will have one name, either a prefix or a suffix.
- Inspired Artifice: allows you to choose which name will be added to the item.
- Exalted Artifice: guarantees that the item will have two names, both a prefix and a suffix.
- Sublime Artifice: allows you to choose a name to be added to the item. You must use both Inspired Artifice and Sublime Artifice in conjunction if you wish to choose both names to add to the item.
- Fortified Re-Forging requires Structural Re-Forging
- Integral Re-Forging requires Fundamental Re-Forging
- Inspired Artifice requires Grand Artifice
- Exalted Artifice required Grand Artifice
- Sublime Artifice requires Exalted Artifice
Higher Level Tools
- Have higher budgets for adding item properties
- Grant more properties
- Runic tools can be combined together if they are exactly the same type
- Their charges will be combined into one tool
- Only works if the resulting tool has 100 or less charges
- To combine tools, double-click one tool while near a Soul Forge and target the other tool
- Leather, studded or ringmail Blacksmith Gloves of Mining
- Unconverted Juka Lord Bows
- Weapons having split physical/elemental or 100% elemental damage but no other modifiers.
Some properties appear to not be linked to a name and only appear when re-forging is not constrained by them, example, Reflect Physical Damage. Except in the case of Vampiric/of the Vampire some properties in the group can appear on any item type, additional properties appear only on specific item types. Where ‘Eater’ is listed as a property this can be either Damage Eater, Kinetic Eater, Fire Eater, Cold Eater, Poison Eater or Energy Eater.
|Mighty/of Vitality||Hit Point Increase, Hit point regen, str bonus||Hit Life Leech||Eater||Eater|
|Mystic/of Sorcery||Int Bonus, Lower Mana Cost, Mana Inc, Mana Regen||Mana Leech||no additional properties||Soulcharge|
|Animated/of Haste||Dex Bonus, Stamina Inc, Stamina Regen||Stamina Leech, Swing Speed Increase||no additional properties||no additional properties|
|Arcane/of Wizardry||Int Bonus, Lower Mana Cost, Mana Increase, Mana Regen||Mana Leech, Mage Weapon, Mana Drain||Casting Focus, Lower Reagent Cost||no additional properties|
|Exquisite/of Quality||Durability, Lower Requirements||Elemental Damage, Mage Weapon, Velocity (bows), Possibility of a Random Slayer||Self Repair, Resists||Self Repair|
|Vampiric/of the Vampire||None||Hit Fatigue, Hit Life Leech, Hit Mana Drain, Hit Mana Leech||N/A||N/A|
|Invigorating/of Restoration||Hit Point Regen, Mana Regen, Stamina Regen||no additional properties||Eater||Eater, Soul Charge|
|Fortified/of Defense||Resists||no additional properties||Eater||Eater|
|Auspicious/of Fortune||Luck||no additional properties||no additional properties||no additional properties|
|Charmed/of Alchemy||Enhance Potions||Balanced (bows)||no additional properties||no additional properties|
|Vicious/of Slaughter||Hit Chance Increase||Damage Increase, Hit (elemental type) damage, Hit Fireball, Hit Harm, Hit Lightening, Hit Magic Arrow||no additional properties||Damage Increase|
|Towering/of Aegis||Defense Chance Increase||Hit Lower Attack||Casting Focus||Soul Charge, Reactive Paralyze|
With Publish 85, the following Tinkered items can be reforged using smith, carpentry or masonry runic tools.
- Gargish Stone Amulet
Originally published 12jan12 by Petra
Last edited 07jan14
Migrated & edited 03jun15