When you set foot in Britannia for the very first time, you will be considered a “young” player and be granted certain privileges and rights as such. Shards like Siege Perilous and Mugen (Siege shards) are shards for advanced players only. Players with “Young” status cannot access them. This status grants you certain forms of protection unavailable to more experienced players, including:
- Young players may not damage other players, nor may other players damage young players.
- Monsters that would normally react in a hostile manner will not attack young players unless they are quest monsters. (you will receive a message in your journal if a monster wants to attack you so you can learn which monsters are hostile)
- Young players will be teleported to a healer upon dying and will retain any belongings.
- Young players can insta-log anywhere.
- Young players may not loot monsters they did not kill for two minutes after the death of the monster.
- Other players may not loot monsters killed by young players.
- Young players may not steal from other players or NPCs.
Losing Young Player Status
“Young” status is affected by your total playtime with your account, and is not calculated on a per-character basis. A player loses their “Young” status if they spend more than 40 hours logged into UO and have more than 450 total skill points.
Players can also end their “Young” status by saying the words, “I renounce my young player status”.
Anyone can get a Free 14 day trial account here
Trial Account Restrictions:
- Players are not allowed to place a house while on a trial account
- Players are not allowed to co-own or be traded a house while on a trial account
- Trial accounts have travel restrictions –
- Cannot visit Felucca dungeons or Felucca T2A
- Trial Accounts have the following resource restrictions –
- Will only receive basic ores and logs (iron, plain logs) even if they’d otherwise qualify for better types
- Will not receive sand or stone when mining
- Trial Account Misc. restrictions –
- Will not receive ML rewards for resource gathering (jewels, ingredients, and white pearls while fishing)
- Will not receive rewards, monster kill points, or virtue points from champ spawns
- Will not get scrolls while doing champ spawns
- Will not gain Justice virtue points for killing murderers
- Cannot use Valor or Justice virtues
- Cannot Protect or be Protected by another player
- Can not join factions or faction aligned guilds
- If in a guild they will be removed from the guild, if their guild joins a faction
- Cannot use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power Scrolls, Stat Scrolls, or Scrolls of Transcendence
- Cannot use Commodity Deeds
- Cannot do Community Collections
- Cannot use Soulstones or fragment soulstones
- Cannot use Pet summoning balls
- Cannot use Bracelets of Binding
- Cannot use the Bag of Sending
- Cannot do any repeatable quests – even if they are normally repeatable
- Cannot acquire BOD’s
- Edited by Stupid Miner | July 2009.
Last modified: March 28, 2011